5 min read
Out of the Fire: Tim Hollingsworth's Cherry Cheesecake
Tim Hollingsworth's BBQ Eats & Drinks
Tim's understanding of BBQs is family-focused which is reflected in both his invite list and his recipes. An opportunity to invite pretty much anyone he could possibly want to his BBQ, Tim asked family members revealing he was excited to finally be able to see and mix households with them, something he stayed away from during the pandemic. His recipes were familial-focused, and he was excited to share their inspiration. As he shared, "I grew up eating Cherry Cheesecake, because that was my preferred birthday cake that my mom would always make for me using canned cherries. For my version, I really wanted to imitate the syrupy canned cherries by using fresh cherries in season. To cook the cherries, I was inspired by the Cherry Vanilla Soda, so I utilized that to stew the cherries and create the syrup."
A highlight of our meal shared with him, Tim explained, "It was cool to make a version of my mom's cherry cheesecake with the fresh cherries that people really enjoyed. The cherry cheesecake I created was an evolution of a very special memory to me, and It was great re-telling that story to friends and family."
Tim Hollingsworth's OLIPOP Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake
Graham cracker crust
- 2 1/2cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter
- Spray a 9 in Pie Dish with Baking Spray
- Press graham cracker crust into pie dish
- 4 cups pitted fresh red cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup OLIPOP Cherry Vanilla
- Preheat a 12” pan on Med high heat.
- Combine all ingredients and add them to the pan.
- Cover immediately and allow the cherries to cook.
- Shaking the pan every 10 seconds for the first minute.
- After 2 min take the lid off and continue to cook until the cherries are cooked but hold their shape well.
- Strain cherries out of the pan pouring the liquid back into the pan reduce until you have a syrupy consistency that slowly drips from the spoon. Careful not to over reduce or the liquid will caramelize.
- Cool cherries and cherry liquid separately then combine.
- 2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy
- Whip the heavy cream and vanilla in a separate bowl to make whipped cream
- Mix cream cheese and whipped cream together until smooth
- Spread cheesecake filing over pie crust
- Carefully spread cherry filling* over cheesecake, making sure not to mix together
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight
- Remove and serve immediately
7 min read
Crisp Apple Deep Dive
Like sparkling apple juice and gummy apple rings blending into one festive drink, Crisp Apple is tantalizingly sweet and perfect for raising a glass (or can) to traditions both new and old.